Catheters

The place to discuss all aspects of male sexuality.

Moderators: Dean, Badger

Catheters

Postby susan » 11 Oct 2010, 21:13

Can I take my indwelling catheter out during intercourse? Any ideas about how to manage your catheter when having sex?
Last edited by susan on 14 Dec 2011, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
susan

Re: Catheters

Postby Dean » 19 Oct 2010, 16:41

As far as I know only your District Nurse can remove your Super-pubic or a registered Nurse. :!: I tend to warn my wife to be aware of that area before and sometimes during sex.
Keep young and beautiful
Dean

Postby giggles » 13 Dec 2010, 14:44

I am a potential partner of a male with an Suprapubic catheter. If things went to the next level any advice on how to stop the bag "ruining the mood" or getting in the way?
giggles

Postby Dean » 02 Jan 2011, 12:46

Hi giggles Happy New Year, If you have your partner in bed its wise to use a safety pin to secure the catheter to the sheet with plenty of slack and as long as the insertion site is clean, smell free you should have no problems.

He can also use a Staclock Foly to secure the catheter http://www.statlock.com/foley-catheters/44-statlockr-foley-stabilization-device I started to get a rash from the glue but I felt more secure with it.

It would be good to reassure your man that you know exactly where the tubing is to help relax him. The last thing he needs is having it pulled hard. :shock:

It has been 8 years now with no trouble touch wood :D
Keep young and beautiful
Dean

Return to Male Sexuality